Thursday, March 24, 2011

Better than Expected.

Just finished shave three with the Parker TTO and a NEW Lord Double Edge blade and let me tell you.... it kinda hurt. whilst shaving I noticed that the blade felt like it was dragging more than usual and the second time around it defiantly felt bad. I started to notice little red spots all over my face and thought, Wow it must be hard for those with easily irritable skin to ever get a good shave or at least feel like they did. Also it is very hard to get out of the loop of irritation and razor burn if you had to shave everyday and didn't give you skin time to recover. I hope to find some solutions to these seemingly unbeatable odds and find either products or methods to overcome the terribleness of... razor burn!

Out of the shower I noticed unlike usual the red spot continued to appear. After towel drying I did feel as though my face was smooth, although irritated. After brushing my teeth and continuing to dry off I also found that my face was not as cut up or razor burned as much as I had expected. A good sign.

I have not been a person that has shaved everyday, I was for a short stint while on a job in Arizona and California not too long ago, but I generally didn't care then on the quality nor the satisfaction of the shave. A few quick passes with a disposable 3 blade and out the door.

The survey for today:  Parker TTO and Lord Platinum

 

1.     Smoothness of Shave/Ease: 2 I give a two for the sheer pain encountered due to yesterdays irritation, or what I chalk up to be yesterdays irritation.

2.     # of Strokes per square inch: 2 to 3


3.     Skin smoothness – Upper Lip: 4 smoother today, no missed spots


4.     Skin smoothness – Lower Lip: 3 better, mostly raised skin and razor burn roughness


5.     Skin smoothness – Chin: 3 Some bumps from razor burn, no stubble


6.     Skin smoothness – Cheeks: 3, Missed a few spots, and mild razor burn


7.     Skin smoothness – Jaw Line: 3 feels smooth and only a little irritated.


8.     Skin smoothness – Overall: 3 for what I had expected it turned out much smoother.


9.     Skin Irritation: Yes. Irritation mostly on checks and jaw line while shaving, finding under chin and neck sensitive to touch can rub hand across but does yield pain. 

10. Nicks/Cuts: several small nicks under jaw and neck area couple on chin.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment